It would be redundant to list every vehicle within the Macross universe - there are plenty of sites that have already compiled such lists. Instead, the vehicles listed below are ones that have been coded into the game and are in current player character use or are available for player character use. The individual vehicle profiles include their game stats, links to in-depth background information on the vehicles, and information about who can requisition them (rookies vs ace pilots, which faction uses them as a mainstay of their forces, et al).
Exscript from "news vehicles" within the MUSH
The bread and butter of Macross along with aliens, rock and roll and fanservice. Vehicles come in many shapes and sizes, though the only ones we're going to worry about in a coded sense are VFs, Destroids, Power Armors, and Capital Ships.
VFs, or Variable Fighters are typically thr star of the show. Developed by humanity after recovering the original ASS-1, humankind took a very different approach to mecha design. While most other alien designs - such as those employed by the Zentradi and Meltrandi which were a single configuration mecha - Variable Fighters are, as their name suggests, capable of switinch between mutliple (typically three) configurations. The first, Fighter Mode is an aerospace fighter much akin to the jet fighters used on Earth before Space War I. The second configuration is Battroid mode, a humanoid mecha that sacrifices raw speed in favor of being more versatile and able to deliver its payload more accurately. The third mode common to most VFs is GERWALK. GERWALK is a cross between fighter and battroid mode, with the front end of the VF retaining its fighter configuration but bringing the legs and arms of the Battroid into action as well. This gives the VF excellent S/VTOL capabilities as well as allowing it to maneuver at high speed even in tight confines. VFs are the backbone of the UN military and have become so prevalent that even the UN's Enemies have obtained them in large quantities.
Destroids are non-transformable mecha. While not as versatile as VFs they are excellent for use as ground or ship-born operatives. Destroids generally trade in maneuverability for armor and offensive firepower, making them still a force to be reckoned with.
Power Armors are weapons platforms afforded to Zentradi of substantial skill. While Zentrans and Meltrans possess other weapons, none are more deadly than the power armors afforded to their officers and elite pilots. These weapons are exceptionally agile, possessing numerous weapons and thick armor. This coupled along with the fact that they are operated by a full-sized Zentradi makes them formidable adversaries, even 40 years after the initial conflict with humanity. Recently the AUN forces have even gone so far as to develop new power armors.
Capital Ships meanwhile operate much on the same premise as their terrestrial counterparts. Large vessels used to either transport large amounts of equipment or people (this includes civilian liners and colony ships), or to bring an overwhelming amount of firepower to bear on any given target or area. In the latter case there are many different takes to the same goal. The Zentradi and Meltrandi have numerous capital ships at their disposal, ranging from "small" attack and landing craft (1,500 meters), to massive battleships and command vessels that are essentially small mobile moons (yes, Obi-Wan, we know.). Some Capital Ships, like the SDF-1 Macross, and its descendants are also capable of changing their configuration to that of a giant humanoid robot, much akin to the VF fighters also employed by humanity. While these vessels are very slow when compared to their smaller counterparts, these massive craft are able to bring a breathtaking amount of firepower to bear and should never be taken lightly, even when one is equipped for anti-ship warfare.
A vehicles performance, regardless of it's type, is determined though seven key stats. These stats, and what they represent are as follows:
- Targeting: A craft's accuracy and ability to deliver it's weapons on target. Simple, no?
- Armor: This is how much punishment a craft's outer hull can take. This is/will be different from the amount of hit points a craft has as this stat represents the craft's ability to mitigate the damage taken.
- Speed: This actually combines two different criteria. Speed encompases both the straight line velocity a craft has, as well as it's agility. Generally agility is what is given priority when determining a vehicle's speed stat.
- Intercept: We've seen it many times in Macross. A couple dozen missiles are launched at a ship or VF and the pilot manages to shoot them all down before they hit. This stat reflects that ability.
- Stealth: Many craft in the later Macross series are equipped with stealth features, this stat represents how effective those functions are if they're installed.
- Sensors: Space is a big place and your eyes aren't good enough to help you figure out where you or your enemies are. Sensors represents a craft's ability to pick out objects, they also represent a craft's ability to counteract another craft's stealth features.
- Spiritia Amp (S.Amp): As we've seen with singers in Macross, while they can generate some Spiritia on their own, they can't create enough to make it into anything useful. S.Amp represents a suitably equipped craft's ability to further amplify the natural spiritia of the pilot.
Vehicle stats are measured from a 0-40 level. 0 being nonexistant, 10 is roughly in the range of the performance of a Space War I craft (in the case of small craft). 18 is roughly the performance of a current mainstream fighter (VF-11 for instance). AVFs like the VF-19 and VF-22 operate in the high 20's to low 30's.
The absolute maximum value for any specific stat on most vehicles is 40. The only exception to this is capital ships, who's armor stat can potentially cap at 80. While the approximate fields were given above, you'll notice that not every single field will fall precisely into what was stated as obviously there will be some variation depending on what a craft specializes in. Furthermore, the stats stated are solely based on the performance of the craft itself. They do not take anything like FAST packs into account.
Weapons are now coded onto the MUSH and now most VF profiles will also contain their standard armaments' stats. Weapons are all issued a Type, Accuracy Rating, Damage Type, Damage Rating, and lastly ammo and consumption. Additionally FAST Packs and Hardpoint weapons are available which can be found in the Additional Equipment section.
- GM's Note: Some VFs will list "Optional Weapons" that can also be found in hardpoint wepaons. Optional weapons carry (in general) more ammo and do not carry the speed penalties the hardpoint weapons do. This is in trade for them permanently replacing a specific weapon on that VF (normally gunpods).
The VF profiles linked here only have the VF stat profiles for our MUSH. The background and "fluff" for the vehicles will be linked to courtesy of the UN Spacy Database.
Rookie Tier VFs
- VF-1 Valkyrie
- VF-4 Lightning III
- VF-9 Cutlass
- VF-11 Thunderbolt
- VF-14 Vampire
- SV-37 Raven
- VF-5000 Star Mirage
- VA-3 Invader
- Variable Glaug
- VF-171 Block 1 Nightmare Plus
Hardened Tier VFs
- VF-171 Block 2 Nightmare Plus
- VF-11F "Frankenstein" Thunderbolt
- VF-11C/MAXL Thunderbolt Custom
- VF-11S Thunderbolt
Veteran Tier VFs
- VF-17 Nightmare
- VF-19 Excalibur
- VF-22 Sturmvogel II
- VF-36 Thor
- Feios Valkyrie
- SV-52 Eagle II
Ace Tier VFs
Prototype Tier VFs
- VF-19 Block EX
- VF-22 Block EX
- VF-23 Black Widow III
- VF-X-32 Aura
- YF-30 Chronos
- YF-36 Thor
- VB-10 Shadow
Sound Force VFs
- Quimeliquola Queadluun-Rau - Ace and Rookie Variants available
- Flemenmik Nousjadeul-Ger - Ace and Rookie Variants available
- Renegade Armor - Veteran
- Quimeliquola Queadluun-Relia - Ace
- Roiquonmi Glaug - Rookie
- Queadluun-Rhea("Rhea/56") - Ace
- Battle Horizon
- Dividing Line
- Siren's Song
- Leguna Seca Raceway Ship
- Alpine Class Resort Ship
- UNS Tortuga
Player Capital Ships
These units have shown up in recent engagements with no idea to their affiliation. It's only known they're hostile towards the UN Spacy and possibly the Anti-UN